Just in time for the holiday season, it's also cold and flu season. Yay! And if you're on the fence about the flu shot, there are tried-and-true drugstore remedies like Chloraseptic®, the #1 sore throat relief, that we count on every year for relief from nagging symptoms.
Chloraseptic® lozenges and sprays provide fast-acting relief for sore throats and mouth pain. But the rest is literally up to you. Here are a few tips and tricks on how to stay healthy and germ free during the holidays from Chloraseptic® expert Maria M. Mantione, Associate Clinical Professor at St. John’s University College of Pharmacy and Health Services.
- Stay home: The holidays mean parties and gatherings – and many people attend even when they are sick. Do your best to avoid others who are sick – and if you have a cold, stay home.
- Get some fresh air: Ventilate as best you can if the weather allows it. During the winter months, we are more likely to stay indoors. When weather permits, open up your windows and let some fresh air in.
- Be prepared: Have Chloraseptic® throat lozenges on hand when you travel. The air on airplanes is very dry – which can cause a sore, scratchy throat. Chloraseptic® lozenges are a great way to keep your throat feeling great.
- Rest up: Many people drink more alcohol around the holidays – and that can worsen the quality of your sleep. Being well rested is a great way to prevent colds from making you sick. And try not to over indulge in alcoholic beverages.
- Sanitize everything: Wash your hands and wipe down surfaces that many people touch – like keyboards, doorknobs, telephones and elevator buttons. Use hand sanitizer – but only if you can’t wash your hands with soap and water (the only way to get rid of all types of viruses).