To help satisfy your apple season cravings, here's a sweet and savory recipe* for salted caramel apple crisp with crunchy almond streusel made using yummy, gluten free Crunchmaster crackers. Enjoy.
|*Salted caramel apple crisp recipe by Jan V./Crunchmaster|
- 1/2 cup Crunchmaster Original Multi-Grain Crisps crushed
- 4 large Honeycrisp Apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 8 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup prepared caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9”x9” baking dish with 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- In a bowl, toss together the apples, 4 Tbsp. of brown sugar, caramel sauce, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Transfer the apple mixture to the baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed Multi-Grain Crisps, oats, almond flour, almonds and the remaining 4 Tbsp. of brown sugar. Mix well.
- Cut the remaining 4 Tbsp. of butter into small pieces and add it to the oats mixture. Using your fingers, rub the mixture together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the apples and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, until the apples are tender and the topping is crisp.Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.