Holiday season is the peak travel season. And hurried trips by planes, trains and automobiles can take a toll on your skin. To help us look refreshed while we’re on the road, sjal skincare co-founder and beauty expert Kristin Petrovich offers Everything She Wants five helpful travel beauty tips.
|Sjal skincare co-founder, Kristin Petrovich.|
1. Before you travel: Drink green tea to detoxify and water to keep body hydrated. Lysine is a great amino acid that increases white blood cells, boosting the immune system. Apply a serum and oil/moisturizer to the skin such as the sjal kura intuitif. Use a light makeup and eye cream like sjal's orbe eye cream, which can also be applied around your mouth.
2. Different Climates, Different Products: Depending on what kind of climate you are traveling to, your skin will need a different regimen and products to adapt. In cold weather, use an oil (sjal's saphir concentrate); a heavy moisturizer like sjal's kura intuitif can also reduce redness. In high altitude, apply a light layer of sjal's serum 1 before the moisturizer. In hot weather, use a serum, light moisturizer and sunscreen.
3. What to Pack: A light moisturizer such as the sjal cela intuitif is a must. Always pack sunscreen; SPF can even protect you from the light entering through the window of a plane. Travel kits make life easier--try the sjal wanderlust travel set (everything is TSA-approved). A sweater and a light scarf are always nice to have on hand, or bring a larger shawl that can double as a blanket. Sunglasses are a must, as well as ballet flats. And don’t forget to bring a book, tablet or laptop to help pass time, melatonin to avoid the affects of jet-lag, and a large bag that fits everything.
4. After Traveling: Get some fresh air, take a walk and exercise. A massage or acupuncture treatment can help to restore your body, and helps with jet lag. Use a mask such as the sjal kashmir saphir mask to rebalance the skin. A monitored diet also helps to eliminate toxins. Fruits and vegetables work as an internal cleanser. Try to avoid dairy which can congest the body and skin.
5. Avoid Breakouts: The best way to avoid breakouts when traveling is to use a serum like sjal's serum 1 and a water-based, lightweight moisturizer. Get plenty of Vitamin C, keep your diet light and get lots of sleep.
Post a Comment