While shopping in Target with one of our girlfriends, we stopped in the "ethnic hair aisle," as we like to call it. Our friend was looking for a specific pomade made by Carol's Daughter
, and during our search we encountered a couple other determined women perusing the shelves for tried and true and new hair care products for locs and twists. As women of color, our hair story is something that unites us, so it was reassuring to have an impromptu meet-up group with other freedom hair sisters.
|Cantu natural hair care products inspire you to be your own beautiful /Image courtesy of Cantu|
|Thank God It's Natural products are salon-quality./Image courtesy of tgin|
For our two cents, we added that SheaMoisture
and Kinky-Curly have satisfied most of our natural haircare needs for many years, however, we were recently introduced to new products from Cantu Shea Butter
(Thank God It's Natural). And we love both paraben-free brands. Here's a sampling of Cantu and tgin products that will prevent your natural 'dos from becoming natural don'ts:
1. Tgin Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer ($14.99) hydrates dry strands and helps create well-defined twists and twist-outs. Available at Target stores nationwide and online, all tgin products are free of parabens, sulfates and animal testing.
2. We love a good deep conditioner and tgin's Honey Miracle Hair Mask ($14.99) restores dry, damaged, and color treated hair, and reduces shedding and breakage.
3. Packed with green tea, shea butter and argan oil, tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave In Conditioner ($14.99) replenishes your hair's natural oils, reduces split ends and breakage, and promotes healthy hair growth.
4. We're told that celebrity hairstylists use Cantu Shea Butter Super Shine Hair Silk ($5.99) to style the coifs of Jada Pinkett Smith, Alicia Keys and Tracy Ellis Ross. And we certainly see why. The lightweight, non-tacky formula helps prevent breakage, repair split ends and reduce frizz while leaving your hair stronger, healthier and silky smooth.
5. Untangle and relax your kinks and curls with Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coil Calm Detangler ($4.97). Made with pure shea butter, this coconut fragrant detangler softens and conditions hair for easy, knot-free styling.
6. Made with pure shea butter, Cantu Moisturizing Rinse Out Conditioner ($4.29) revitalizes dry, brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients. Along with softening and detangling, it adds shine and provides extra protection from split ends and breakage.
7. Cantu for Natural Hair Deep Treatment Masque ($7.99) penetrates deep into the hair shaft to help condition and repair damaged, dry and brittle hair. The intense moisturizing masque and all Cantu products are made with 100 percent pure shea butter and are free of mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicone, and other chemicals and harsh ingredients.
Post a Comment